Perhaps the most commonly used and multi-purpose material used in the construction materials is the sheet metal, with its applications finding a place in every market sector possible, from construction, mining and farming to catering, shipping, hospitality, manufacturing, aviation, medical and transport.
Apart from its excessive usage in the industrial processes, you can also find the use of sheet metal in many domestic applications such as kitchen benchtop or a metal surround, in a home appliance or a unique punched metal screen as an interior design feature.
Advantages of Sheet Metal Usage
As a product, however, sheet metals (including stainless steel, steel, mild steel, and aluminum) to provide a host of advantages whether it’s for engineers, contractors or even the man-in-the-street.
- High strength: Sheet metals have great strength and are used for sturdy structures.
- Low weight and thinness: Easy transport and delivery of sheet metals.
- Resistance to corrosion, sun, and moisture: Sheet metal fabrication is ideal for use in today’s environment where various weather and climate threats are found.
- Durability: Sheet metals are strong and durable enough to withstand high pressures.
- Malleability: Sheet metals can be beaten and formed into virtually any shape desired. This gives room for limitless innovative designs for buildings and structures.
- Architects and engineers’ visions and plans will be materialized through sheet metal products technology.
- Recyclable: Although sheet metals are resistant to natural threats, they are not harmful to the environment in any way.
- Easily repairable: The various physical properties of sheet metals make it possible for contractors to inspect and quickly detect damages in any sheet. Furthermore, it can easily be repaired since the individual sheet metals can be dismantled from the structure and replaced, without having to take down an entire structure.
- Widespread availability: Sheet metals are widely and easily available all over the country.
- Improved construction quality: Owing to its durability, maintaining sheet metals is not as wearisome as many other construction materials.
- Low cost: The inexpensive but high quality of custom metal fabrication provides contractors, firms, and other manufacturing industries with savings. These are not only beneficial to them but to their clients as well.
Owing to the technological progress in the equipment used for cutting and forming sheet metal have played a vital role that has led to the greater usage of the material in a plethora of various applications.
In the case of CNC or Computer Numerical Control machining, that has computers controlling machine tools, has led to greater precision than was ever possible with human machining. Nowadays, sheet metal fabricators have the ability to produce complex shapes regularly, quickly, accurately and most importantly, cost-effectively.
In the Indian subcontinent, the best sheet metal manufacturing company is located in Faridabad – SNG Metals, and it has witnessed tremendous growth in the usage and manufacturing of sheet metal components.
It is a company with over 20 years of industry experience specializing in a range of contract custom sheet metal fabrications, fire extinguisher accessories, vehicle mounting brackets, signages, and medical cabinets.
The total area of our workspace encompasses 66,504 square feet, which covers an area of 27,344 square feet and 25,000 square feet as a green area. Visit our website or call us on +9195129-2305206 for expert support and advice on any custom or contract steel pipes and fabrication project.